The Times Food and Nightlife Awards 2019 celebrated the best in the food and nightlife industry at a lavish ceremony in ITC Maurya in Delhi on March 15, 2019. Let’s take a look at some of the winners:
- Best Cocktails – ‘Public Affair’ (Delhi) Luxurious Night Out: The luxury bar situated in Khan market. The bar is totally photogenic and the seating includes the throne-like chair by the entrance and the private-dining room facing the huge wine cellar. Chef Augusto’s signature dish ‘Tuna Tiradito’ had tender cuts of Tuna in a puckering tamarind-based sauce and is a must try one.
- Best Pocket Friendly Bar – ‘Duty Free Vayu Bar’ (Gurgaon) Casual Night Out: This pocket friendly bar is situated in Sector 29, Gurgaon. The ‘Dal Gosht Khau Suey’, ‘Asian Noodle Salad’, ‘Assorted Dimsums’, ‘Chicken Frito Pie’ are must-haves. You can ask for brew tasters that come in an interesting roulette table set up or the in-house Pauwa bottles that are named after popular Bollywood characters like ‘Crime Master Gogo’ and ‘Majnu Bhai’.
- Bar With Best Ambience – ‘PCO’ (Delhi) Luxurious Night Out: PCO’ at Vasant Vihar, South Delhi is a cool place to spend evening with your friends. This bar is so popular that it doesn’t even advertise its entry. The vague and unlabelled entry is guarded by a black PCO box. It certainly heightens the anticipation. A four digit password is required to beep yourself in like a private club. You need to call in advance and ask them for the pass code. Intimating and buzzing with life PCO has a charm of its own.
- Best for Wine – ‘The Wine Company’ (Gurgaon) Luxurious Night Out: Concept of this establishment is so unique and unassuming that for a minute you check if you have come to the right place. The entire idea of wine and dine is taken seriously here. Do not leave this place without digging into gluten-free warm ‘Chocolate Cake’ and the ‘Deconstructed Apple Pie’.
- Best Lounge Bar – ‘Serai’ (Delhi) Casual Night Out: Here you can choose from the rooftop seating for pleasant evenings or indoor seating when it gets too chilly outside. Each cocktail is neatly compartmentalized into its region of traced origin .
- Bar With Best Ambience – ‘Rubicon Bar’ (Gurgaon) Luxurious Night Out: ‘Rubicon Bar’ is a spectacular looking bar lounge set in a posh five-star hotel The Leela Ambience, Ambience Island, DLF Phase 3, Gurgaon, in the lively heart of Gurgaon city. Right next to the buzzing shopping mall, this lounge bar gets a lot of footfall from it’s neighboring hotspot. This bar is one of the most sought after drinking spots in the city.
- Bar With Best Ambience – ‘Whisky Samba’ (Gurgaon) Casual Night Out: As the name suggests, the main attraction of this bar is whisky and they have it in abundance. Its fifty foot long bar offers over 140 varieties of whiskies and thenumber extends to over 2500 bottles.
8. Bar With Best Ambience – ‘Plum By Bent Chair’ (Delhi) Casual Night Out: Plum by Bent Chair Lutyens can cater to your diet restrictions with sugar-free cocktails and a large number of vegan and gluten-free dishes. The recommended dishes include ‘Salmon Truffle Cream Cheese’ and ‘Garlic Buttered Fried Rice’.
- Best Resto Bar – ‘Decode’ (West Delhi) Casual Night Out: Spread across 4 sprawling floors, Decode is located on the main road, in the heart of Rajouri Garden along with other restaurants nearby. There are interesting installations on walls, across all floors. One should try the ‘Pav Bhaaji Cone’; an interesting take on the classic Mumbai dish.
- Best Resto Bar- ‘Drunken Botanist’ (Gurgaon) Casual Dining: With natural plantations inside the restaurant giving it a very unique feel, The Drunken Botanist is new theme restaurant that is living up to the expectations of the guests. This place is a must visit for those people who love greenery and birds cause they actually allow birds to enter and one take a look of how paradise looks like
11. Best Lounge Bar – ‘Unplugged Courtyard’ (Gurgaon) : Set up literally in a courtyard, Unplugged Courtyard is uniquely beautiful, casual dining place for the youngsters to chill out and grown ups to spend a wonderful evening here. The dining house displays Asian, North Indian and Continental cookery styles in their unique preparations. It has outdoor as well as indoor sitting options, and both are equally inviting.
- Best Concept Bar- ‘Pra Pra Prank’ (Gurgaon) Casual Night Out: Pra Pra Prank is an extremely sought-after Asian bistro featuring a creative menu that is full of distinctive fusion dishes. With a stylish, chic and gorgeously bold decor, this restaurant stands out amidst the many located in Cyber Hub, Gurgaon. The interiors of the place will leave you awestruck. Huge glass windows, swank velvet furniture, high-end crockery and an expansive bar are few key highlights of the place that impart an inviting ambiance.