The American dream is a cute and yummy patriotic cocktail that is ideal for any American-themed occasion like the Fourth of July. It is the creation of Bridget Albert, Master Mixologist and author of “Market-Fresh Mixology.” It is a fantastic mix of pomegranate and cherry, featuring a black cherry rum and Pama Liqueur.
The real magic, however, is the use of fondant, which you can buy from cake or candy suppliers. This candy paste is cut into miniature stars and stuck to the inside of the glass before straining the drink. It creates a fun, star-studded presentation and is an idea you can use with any red or blue cocktail of your choice.
- 1 ounce pomegranate liqueur (Pama)
- 1 ounce black cherry rum
- 1 1/2 ounces pomegranate cherry juice (POM Wonderful)
- 1/2 ounce sour mix (fresh)
- Garnish: white fondant stars
- Garnish: blueberries
- Gather the ingredients.
- Cut mini stars out of white fondant.
- Using water, lightly wet the back of each star and gently press it into the inside of a cocktail glass. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- In a cocktail shaker filled ice, pour the pomegranate liqueur, rum, juice, and sour mix.
- Shake well and strain into the prepared cocktail glass.
- Garnish with blueberries on a pick.
- Serve and enjoy