The bright orange color of the tequila sunrise is enough to beat the sun and give a refreshing start to the day! The drink is usually served in a long glass and has low abv, apparently healthier than other alcoholic beverages. The drink comes from California in 1970s, after an earlier one created in the 1930s in Phoenix, Arizona. The founders of the drink are Bobby Lozoff and Billy Rice in Sausalito, Calif.
The ingredients of the drink are:
- 2 fluid ounces tequila
- 4 fluid ounces fresh orange juice
- 1 cup ice
- ¾ fluid ounces grenadine syrup
- Garnish: cherry and orange slice.
- Fill a tall glass with 1 cup ice.
- Mix the tequila and the orange juice in a mixing glass.
- Add 1 cup ice, stir, and strain into the prepared highball glass.
- Float the grenadine on top
- Garnish with cherry and orange slice
- Stir before drinking.