The phrase the “bee’s knees” was used in Prohibition times as slang to mean “the best.” Bees Knees is a classic bright, sweet, gin soured cocktail. The drink is made up of three main ingredients that make it quite simple to make and they are Gin, lemon juice, and honey. The cocktail was initially created to mask the counterfeit bathtub gin die-hard drinkers were making at home in that era. This is a fun cocktail to make and will be a different experience for everyone because every gin has its own blend of botanicals that’ll be accented nicely with other ingredients.
• 2 ounces gin (Beefeater)
• 1-ounce fresh lemon juice
• 1/2 ounces honey syrup*
• Garnish: lemon twist
1. Combine all ingredients into a shaker with ice and shake well.
2. Stir until completely mixed.
3. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass or a coupe glass.
4. Garnish with a lemon twist.
5. Serve & enjoy!