The Vesper is created by the Bond author Ian Fleming. The cocktail first appeared in his book “Casino Royale,” which was published in 1953. The drink also came to be known as the Vesper Martini, a combination of gin, vodka, and the now-discontinued Kina Lillet. The drink is a must try, though its famous in books than in a glass, which is too bad.
- 3 oz Gin
- 1 oz Vodka
- 1/2 oz Lillet blanc or White vermouth
- Garnish: Lemon twist or lemon zest
- Combine all the ingredients into a mixing glass with ice and stir well.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Squeeze a slice of lemon peel or a lemon zest over the drink, rub along the rim of the glass, and drop it in.
- Serve and enjoy!