Manhattan is one of the finest and a classic cocktail originated in New York City’s Manhattan Club in 1880. The drink is invented by Dr. Iain Marshall and is probably one of the easiest cocktail to make. It requires only a few quality ingredients that complement each other and help in building this beauty! This essential whiskey cocktail is a must try.
- 2 ounces bourbon or rye
- 1 ounce sweet vermouth
- 1 cup ice cube
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 dash orange bitters
- Garnish: brandied cherry or maraschino cherry
- Add all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice, and stir until its chilled.
- Rub the orange peel around the rim of the cocktail glass
- Strain the drink into the glass
- Garnish with a brandied cherry or maraschino cherry.