Old cuban cocktail recipe
This cocktail was created by Pegu club owner Audrey Saunders in 20014 in New York, USA. If you are bored of having a Virgin mocktail then this is the drink you should go for. The drink is probably seen on more menus worldwide than any other Audrey Saunders creation, particularly in London.
- 1 1/2 oz Rum
- 3/4 oz Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
- 1 oz Simple syrup
- 6 whole Whole mint leaves
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 2 oz Champagne
- Garnish: Mint sprig
- Muddle the lime juice, syrup and mint in a mixing glass.
- Add the rum, bitters and ice and shake.
- Double-strain into a coupe glass, and top with the Champagne.