It’s peach season, which means it’s also bellini season. Bellinis are sparkling Italian cocktails made with two simple ingredients: Prosecco and peach purée. They’re fizzy and refreshing, with more volume than your average cocktail and this can be your go-to summer cocktail drink.
• 4 medium ripe peaches (1 ½ pounds), plus a few peach slices for garnish if desired
• 1 bottle Prosecco, chilledInstructions
1. First, make peach purée: Peel your peaches, slice them in half, and remove the seeds. Place the halved peaches in a blender or food processor, and blend until the purée is completely smooth. Peach purée is best served chilled, so place it in the refrigerator for at least 60 minutes to cool.
2. When you’re ready to serve, pour 2 ounces (¼ cup) chilled peach purée into a Champagne flute. Pour in some chilled Prosecco, being careful not to overflow the glass. Gently stir with a spoon to combine.
3. Top off the drink with another splash of Prosecco and garnish with a peach slice, if desired. Serve at once!