The mint julep cocktail is a refreshing and classic whiskey cocktail, created in the southern United States during the 18th century. The drink is an iconic bourbon cocktail of Kentucky Derby, and now everybody’s favorite! The leftover syrup from the drink can be used a week later to sweeten an iced tea.
- Fresh mint leaves (spearmint)
- Maple syrup
- Use quality bourbon
- Crushed ice
- Garnish: Mint sprig and bitters
- Place mint leaves in a chilled julep cup and top it up with sugar, mix them.
- Add bourbon and crushed ice and stir well
- Top with more crushed ice and stir.
- Garnish with a mint sprig and few drops of bitters(optional).
- Serve in a highball glass or silver julep cup.